£400 per day
Our purpose is to use the power of communications to make a better world; for each other, for our customers, for society and our communities. To do this, we need to create talented technology teams that will deliver brilliant results.
We are a multinational telecoms company and the largest provider of fixed-line, broadband and mobile services in the UK. We have an exciting new career opportunity for an accomplished Business Analyst to be based in Bristol within our Mobile Technology business unit.
Working in Mobile Technology, you will be involved in delivering cutting edge innovation and working on projects that improve communication and experience for consumers and businesses alike.
Our Mobile business has a reputation for firsts and has won the Root Metrics award for being the UK's No. 1 Network for 5 years running.
- Responsible for agile data transformation and forward thinking data solution development, particularly with cloud and big data.
- Utilises the appropriate models, processes, standards and principles to make great quality, well understood data available to drive cutting edge analytics, reporting and insights into the business.
- Applies the appropriate standards and principles when delivering data ingestion and data.
- Build data pipelines and infrastructure to enable data analysts and scientists to easily consume and analyse big data.
- Proactively identify new potential data sources and assess feasibility of ingesting.
- Work with the Data Management Ops team to productionise any tactical data feeds, including documentation. Work closely with Technology on improving existing big data capability for Consumer.
- To manage data requirements capture, understand data gaps, and to work with internal partners and external suppliers in acquiring data providing expert thought leadership.
- To lead in how usage, customer (and other) data needs to be interpreted and therefore modelled within the warehouse, owning (where appropriate) area data models including sign off for any changes. To ensure all data is compliant with current UK privacy law and EU directives.
- To ensure that all data acquired is fully described/understood and communicated using appropriate tools.
- Strategic thinking and planning; driving efficient ways of working and operating model Analytical and critical thinking skills, Commercial awareness, Highly numerate with strong analytical skills coupled with good commercial awareness.
- Proficient with SQL and data interrogation techniques to support insightful analysis. An ability to quickly comprehend and develop technical data solutions