Location: WFH/Fully Remote
We are actively looking to secure a Data Architect to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
The Data Architect sets the vision for the organisation's use of data, through data design, to meet business needs.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Communication skills (data) - You can communicate effectively across organisational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context. You make complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences. You can advocate and communicate what a team does to create trust and authenticity and can respond to challenge.
- Data analysis and synthesis - You can translate data into valuable insights that inform decisions. You involve teams in analytics and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions. You can identify and use the most appropriate analytical techniques, and you have an understanding of analytical tools. You collect, collate, cleanse, synthesise and interpret data to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
- Data communication - You use the most appropriate medium to visualise data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals. You present, communicate and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact.
- Data governance - You understand data governance and how it works in relation to other organisational governance structures. You participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Data modelling - You can produce data models and understand where to use different types of data models. You understand different tools and can compare between different data models. You can reverse-engineer a data model from a live system. You understand industry-recognised data-modelling patterns and standards.
- Metadata management - You understand a variety of metadata management tools. You can design and maintain the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organisation to understand their data assets.
- Strategic thinking (data architecture) - You have an overall perspective on business issues, events and activities, and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact. This could include determining patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. You focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- Turning business problems into data design - You can work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into data designs. You can create optimal designs through iterative processes, aligning user needs with organisational objectives and system requirements.
Interested candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.