Salary: £67,000 negotiable plus benefits
My client is a global leader in digital transformation and is looking for an experienced Data Architect to help architect data solutions for their distinguished clients. This role would be perfect for someone that has experience in the architecture of big data and is eager to work alongside prestigious clients in defence and public sector industries.
You will be working with project teams from an expanding area of the business, to help define and manage the architecture of big data solutions. You will be covering all aspects of the information management lifecycle; from data management through to business intelligence and analytics.You will be considered a more senior role in the project team. You will be leading, supporting and managing the data solutions whilst being a lead point of contact for the business.
This is a permanent role that will require the successful applicant to apply for security clearance.
- Demonstrable experience of defining and building BI /Data Warehouse logical, cloud data architecture and physical models
- Demonstrable experience in defining and building Data Migration architectures
- Expertise in a data modelling tool preferably Erwin or IBM Rational System Architect
- Experience across a range of relational and database technology, including Oracle and SQL Server
- Have the ability to obtain SC clearance
- Experience in leading small teams of architects/data modellers
- Experience mapping data from operational system to BI systems
- Demonstrate a good understanding of data integration tools, metadata repository tools and their use
- Architecture experience in Microsoft Cloud (incl. Azure analytics tools) and exposure to Google Cloud Platform or AWS cloud.
- Experience of migrating/integrating data from on premise to Cloud
- Expertise in running client workshops to extract and understand client data requirements and turn these into valuable data models
- Be able to demonstrate a thorough appreciation of the architecture, design and data related issues that affect the development of the different types of Data Warehouse and BI applications
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
* Attractive salary
* 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
* Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
* Retail discounts
* Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
* Private Medical Scheme
* Life Assurance
* Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
* Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Data Architect, Big Data, Defence, Public Sector, SC Clearance, Erwin, IBM Rational System Architect, Oracle, SQL Server, Microsoft Cloud, Google Cloud, AWS