Job Title: Data Architect
Duration: 3-6 months
Rate: £up to £700 per day based on relevant experience
- Build strong relationships with business SMEs and stakeholders and actively engage to understand the current data landscape and strategic business priorities.
- Produce data solution architectures to support the organisation's transformation programme
- Work within a multi-disciplined team including design/development teams and technology partners
- Work with solution architects and business leads and other Data Architects to develop solution architectures focusing on the data and information aspects of the solution
- Capture and maintain the data architecture view (glossaries, models, dictionaries) for the solutions.
- Contribute to the formation of the enterprise data model and dictionary for this area of responsibility
- Validating and signing off data extracts for reporting purposes
- Ensuring data integrity across the lifecycle of data, identifying any controls required.
- Identification of risks, issues, and opportunities through the data workstreams and development of strategies that bring teams together to resolve those risks and issues.
Skills and experience
- Solid data architecture experience in data analysis, modelling (conceptual and logical), with understanding of where and when to apply in a combination of COTS and bespoke delivery working in a multi-vendor environment
- Experience with SAP Applications, Data Management and Data Architecture and Integration.
- Understanding of the SAP application architecture and system landscapes.
- Experience working with SAP S/4HANA, BW/4HANA, as a data/information architect.
- Experience working on SAP FICA, SAP Materials Management would be an advantage.
- Data Migration and Integration experience is essential, with a clear understanding of the implications and stages of a data migration, and integration patterns.
- Practical knowledge of data management practices and approaches.
- Knowledge of Architecture frameworks, such as Zachman, TOGAF and how to apply these in the context of Data Architecture
- Demonstrable expertise in a relevant consulting or technology area, strong client-facing skills and evidence of continued career progression. Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience of working as part of a large programme
- Use of Enterprise Architect and/or Solution Architect
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to explain complex concepts to business SME's with clarity
- Strong data architecture principles, and an ability to apply these in practice to a major programme of work.
- Practiced leadership skills and able to influence a wide range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of the HE sector will be advantageous, but not essential
Please submit your CV at your earliest convenience