Job Title: Data Analyst (Remediation)
Duration: September 2021- August 2022
Work location: 100 % remote (work from home)
We are working with a well-known organisation, who are seeking for an additional Data Analyst to the team to provide support for security, innovation, and remediation efforts across the enterprise.
As a Data Analyst you will collect, collate, analyse, and report on data from various data sources, internal teams, existing technology systems that span several technical and business domains.
You will assist in translating operational data and information into actionable insights the team can utilise to secure the enterprise. Therefore, you must have good interpersonal communication skills, an analytic mindset, and is detailed-oriented.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Basic knowledge in Programming / Scripting skills in languages such as SQL, Python and/or R, a plus
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving
- Some experience with statistical software
- Knowledge of data gathering, cleaning, and transforming techniques
- Reporting and data visualization skills
- Basic understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques, a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Technical writing skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Areas of Analytical Focus (with some basic knowledge and understanding of)
- The Data Analyst will gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends to aid in data collection / analysis.
- Integrate and convert data into standardized format(s) for further analysis.
- The Analyst will also identify and correct problems in our data sets, including performing quality assurance on imported data.
- Evaluate information to reach conclusions, build models, test data set validations, and clean data sets to ensure accurate reporting.
- Define new data collection and analysis processes
- Basic understanding of data visualization and curation to present to technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Work with team members, management, and project stakeholders to prioritize business and information needs
- Look for opportunities to improve data collection and analysis processes