Cyber Security Engineer
Birmingham / Midlands - Permanent
We have a new opportunity for a Cyber Security Engineer, working for a global Information technology services and consulting company.
As a Cyber Security Engineer, you'll play a leading role in helping deliver world-class end-to-end security for clients, while expanding the business expertise across a booming cyber security landscape. Instinctively security minded with strong leadership and project management skills, you'll be involved in projects ranging from small and niche, to substantial and strategic.
The company delivers a broad range of Cyber Security services to clients across the UK and globally. This ranges from Managed Security Services to clients to purpose built Security Operations Centres (SOC) and much more.
- Providing technical leadership in the detailed design, deployment and exploitation of specified IT security services and tools
- Ensuring design documentation and procedures are kept up-to-date and adhered to (personally and for junior team members)
- Engaging in and supporting the transition of project deliverables into operational service
- Delivering information security portfolio deployments for existing clients, onboarding new clients and assisting with ongoing portfolio development
- Ensuring the timely transition of services to operational state so as to maximise commercial recovery, and provide technical input to bids and costings when required
What are we looking for?
- Extensive experience supporting or deploying security technology or services
- Strong subject matter expertise in at least one of the following security domains: Cyber Threat Management; IDAM; Information Protection; Perimeter Protection; Platform Protection
- Ability to take a hands-on approach and lead technical deployments
- Confident ability to write and review designs, reports, procedures and standards
- Recognised security qualifications, i.e. CISSP, CISM, CISA, ITIL
In addition to a willingness to travel, with the expectation of time being spent away from home on a periodic basis, you'll need a rich combination of experience, proven skills and personal attributes to be successful in this role.
What is in it for you?
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits. These include: a rewarding salary, 25 days' annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive stakeholder pension scheme plus many more.
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
Please apply with your CV to register your interest and to discuss how this opportunity could be the next career move for you!