Cyber Recovery Technical Architect
Location: Canary Wharf/Hybrid (2-3 days on site)
Contract: 6 Months
Pay: £945/d - INSIDE IR35
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
Overall Purpose of Role
- Responsible for analysis technology application solutions for applications to meet business requirements in line with RFT and Group IT Strategies and Architectures
- Understanding of Cyber Enterprise Recovery Solutions following NIST Cyber Security Model - Protect, Detect Respond, Recover like Vault, Air gapped, immutable backups etc
- Create more Cyber Resilience Approach to data protection by modernizing and automating recovery and business continuity strategies
- Build roadmap for Cyber Resilience Recovery Solutions and strengthen our resilience capabilities
- Apply a risk-based approach to test Response and Recovery capabilities, utilising intelligence-led disruption events and scenarios to inform planning and testing requirements
- Align RFT application recovery approach to central recovery testing, that is applied across different approved disruption Events
- Validates both the aggregation of multiple individual plan tests, and the necessary mobilisation capabilities
- Testing of Individual capabilities and contingencies. Validates that individual recovery plans operate as expected for the designed use case
- Collaborating with application product delivery teams to ensure that those solutions are fit for purpose and support them with architecture related challenges through delivery
- Contribute to project scope and objectives, to ensure feasibility of implementation - consulting with all relevant stakeholders as required
- Working with the relevant Technology and Change Project Managers and CTO Enterprise Architects - responsible for ensuring that the outcomes delivered by projects are consistent with the original solution
- Support the development of systems strategies and roadmaps for the supported business area
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy as required to the business on technical matters
- Responsible for creating technology solutions for applications to meet business requirements in line with RFT and company Strategies and Architectures. Work with supply chain (including external) as appropriate to produce initial costs, and throughout the development lifecycle.
- Evaluation of technologies, recommending and advising on strategic improvements
- Leverage Cyber-Resilience reference architecture for specific Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO) requirements to ensure business continuity during data integrity threats and breaches, and to complement and enhance existing or standard Disaster Recovery architectures
- Accelerate bank's ability to recover at scale to re-establish a BAU Technology Environment following a material Cyber Event
- Ensure proper validation, testing (Table Top, Simulated, Scenario, Level, Scale Testing) and user sign-off of all deliverable for prioritised Applications
- Assist Scale Technology Testing Programme for Data Integrity and Cyber Disruption
- Create and validate Integrated Recover Plans for all Business Services
- Implement Data Integrity and Cyber Recovery Planning during the development or change if IT Services
- Examining architectural changes projects make to new and existing services, to ensure they are built to meet the business and operational resilience requirements, of the Business Services that consume them.
- Works with project managers and sourcing managers to advise on supplier and cost options, and to ensure that the validity of the overall solution is fully represented and considered in any RFI/RFPs process, or in the creation and evaluation of proof-of-concept solutions
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that solutions adhere to architectural and quality standards and policies and reduce duplication across RFT and the wider Group.
- Optimising use of infrastructure and licenses to drive down total cost of ownership
- Support Cyber Resilience Solution Architect in providing advice and guidance to business stakeholders in shaping the portfolio of technology solutions, and the estimating process for initiatives being provided to business stakeholders and AEs representing £m+ investments.