Our client is one of the world's leading defence, aerospace, technology and security companies. They deliver technology-based services and solutions, ground-breaking products and unrivalled research capabilities to solve some of the world's most challenging problems.
Based from Malvern (Worcestershire), this organisation plays a key role in the modernisation and transformation of high grade crypto capability to Government and commercial clients across the UK. Their expert team provide technical advice and design aspects of systems that include cryptography and key management.
Our client's Security Health Check (SHC) team is the longest established dedicated penetration testing team in the world. You'll join a team of highly trained security specialists to service the interesting high-assurance red team engagements and enterprise penetration tests demands of customer without compromising the dedicated research and development time their Testers enjoy.
The team of Cryptosecurity Engineers have involvement with a range of systems at different levels of maturity, from research into future concepts for cryptography, through to requirements and architecture for future systems, through design of systems that use cryptography, to modifying in-service systems.
In addition to the team having the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the underpinning technology, our client has a strong commitment to personal development. As well as learning from expert colleagues, you'll join a team that are able to enhance capabilities through service specialisation and funded research projects. You will be challenged to be the best you can be, to learn and develop in a growth environment - the scope for career development is limited only by personal dedication and drive.
What You'll Need
We are seeking post-graduates, interested in specialising in Crypto Technology. If you are completing / have completed an MSc or PhD in a related field (i.e. information security, cryptography, computer/network security), your future could be with this organisation.
To thrive in the Crypto team, you will be highly innovative, able to develop/analyse solutions, interpret customer requirements and understand/shape both the "big picture" and technical details. We have an adaptable, flexible approach to work and a willingness to support each other and the wider team.
You will be joining a team of highly experienced and qualified crypto specialists, which is an integral part of the wider cyber security capability. As such you may have opportunity, should you desire it, to collaborate on a range of cyber security activities which go beyond the usual remit of a cryptosecurity engineer, such as supporting solution development and design or participating in operational exercises. There are also opportunities to help with the training & development of the next generation of cyber experts through the company's active initiatives.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and our salary, benefit and reward scheme is designed to make sure we achieve that. Our reward scheme also means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to be a UK national and willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a good work/life balance.
- Significant long-term investment in learning and development
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets
To attract and engage the best people we need to provide them with all the support they need to realise their full potential and employability, including:
- Development opportunities across multiple disciplines within a friendly working environment
- Experience exploiting cutting edge commercial and government systems;
- Time back for any out of hours travel
- Access to a thousand years' worth of testbed images and methodologies
- 20% personal research time
- Awesome work-life balance
- Collaborative knowledge base