Role: Critical Incident Manager
Location: Nottingham (currently working from home)
We are actively looking to secure a Critical Incident Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.
An incident manager oversees incidents and restores normal operations as quickly as possible with the least impact on the business or the user.
The role holder will be a single point of contact for their service domain, interfacing with Business teams, resolver groups and service recipients across the our clients supplier landscape.
The role will:
- Influence and manage EDT customers
- Be credible at Heads of Department meetings
- Work closely with other Service Managers to achieve agreed deliverables
- Influence the EDT Leadership team
- Interface with local BIT resources
- Interface to and influence Supplier organisation representatives
Service / Delivery Performance
- Asset and configuration management. You can track, log and correct information to protect assets and components. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Availability and capacity management. You know about availability and capacity management processes. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Change management. You can implement changes based on requests for change. You know how to apply change control procedures. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Community collaboration. You can contribute to the work of others while having the ability to motivate and empower teams. You know how to create the right environment for teams to work in and can facilitate the best team make-up depending on the situation. You can recognise and deal with issues. (Relevant skill level: working)
- Continual service improvement. You know about developing process efficiency and common ways in which processes are optimised. You can support specific activities to improve development processes. You can spot or identify obvious deficiencies. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Continuity management. You know about the IT standard continuity management processes and procedures. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Incident management. You can diagnose and prioritise incidents, investigating their causes and finding resolutions. (Relevant skill level: working)
- Ownership and initiative. You can own an issue until a new owner has been found or the problem has been mitigated or resolved. (Relevant skill level: working)
- Problem management. You can initiate and monitor actions to investigate patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required. You can determine the appropriate remedy and assist with implementation of it as well as preventative measures. (Relevant skill level: working)
- Service Management Framework knowledge. You have a Level 3 Service Management Framework qualification. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- Service focus. You can take inputs and establish coherent frameworks that work. (Relevant skill level: working)
- Technical understanding. You know about the subject matter and have an understanding of what it involves. (Relevant skill level: awareness)
- User focus. You can identify needs and engage with users or stakeholders to collate user needs evidence. You understand and can define research that fits user needs. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user focus into outcomes. (Relevant skill level: working)
Personal attributes / behaviours:
The role holder must have
- Confidence with a "can do" but realistic attitude
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment e.g. external and business challenges
- Strong planning skills and commercial awareness
- Good listener and confident presenter
- Strong leadership skills including people management, coaching, mentoring and direction setting
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Conflict management
- Resilience with a calm attitude