My client, a Global Retail bank in looking for a Data Analyst within their Credit Risk team.
The ideal candidate to support and deliver a number of Data projects. A data strategy is being implemented consisting of MI and Data focused projects supporting business and regulatory requirements, with a goal of moving significant processes to Cloud.
The successful candidate will form an integral part of the Data Management function and will be actively involved in the definition of business requirements, global data strategies and implementation activities.
- Proven Data Analysis Skills required.
- Ability to interpret and manipulate large data sets, data storage, ETL and data modelling
- Programming skills, Excel and data manipulation of systems interfaces
- Strong understanding of the project life cycle
- Stakeholder Management
- Good interpersonal and Communication skills
- Experienced in delivering to timelines, providing timely progress updates
- Strong technical skills (SQL, SAS, Advanced MS Excel, and Intermediate MS Access).
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in relation to data analysis and validation.
- Understanding of Credit Risk
- Understanding of ETL and working with ETL developers to support their build
- An undertstanding of systems delivery lifecycles and testing principles
- An appreciation of systems and data architectures
- Proficient dealing with manual data file processing, systems interface data manipulation
- Knowledge of Python, R, Hadoop and other equivalent analytical tools.
- Exposure to Big Data/Cloud is an added advantage