Job title - Credit Risk Analyst
Location - Nottingham OR London OR Manchester OR Bolton
Salary - £50,000 - £57,000 depending on experience
I'm looking for an insightful and motivated credit risk analyst to join my clients Credit and Debt Family. You'll be part of our credit team responsible for building our credit reporting portfolio that delivers dashboards, insights and models to the business. You'll analyse data across our debt book to spot trends, look for potential areas of focus and trends that only the data can spot for us... effectively point out the things we don't know that we need to know. This is why we need an experienced, insightful and curious character that will explore a whole range of hypothesis that are driven by the data, rather than posed by the business necessarily.
You will work very closely with the Operations Manager for Credit and Debt and directly influence and build the strategy for how we manage the portfolio moving forward. This strategy will then impact and shape operations, sales, and financial so is far reaching within our organisation.
You'll be responsible for:
- Analysing and proposing operational strategies
- Building insight into our portfolio
- Understanding and articulating the impact of those strategies on all parts of the organisation
- Analysing data to spot trends and investigating the root cause behind changes in our debt book, tell us the unknown.
- Writing queries, notebooks and scripts to answer ad hoc analytics questions
- Adding to our existing data pipeline infrastructure to deliver data and insight to the business in an automated way
- Supporting the Credit and Debt Operations Manager to give insight into how to optimise credit strategy based on risk.
- Supporting the credit team's operational processes by providing key data items
We're looking for someone:
- Able to influence and understand the impact of the strategy across a broader context
- Passionate about applying technology to solve problems
- Comfortable delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Pragmatic - able to find the solution that balances accuracy with delivery
- Curious, with a proven ability to learn quickly, independently research and apply new tools,
- techniques and ideas as well as exploring different options
- Commercially aware - experience working in a commercial environment, experienced working in a debt environment
- Bold - comfortable challenging ideas
- With clear knowledge of credit and debt
- Excellent BI or data science experience