CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Fast growing UK brand are on the hunt for a talented and aspiring Middleweight designer or conceptually driven Senior Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team.
Based in Welwyn Garden City, this role would be the perfect opportunity for a versatile designer with at least 3 years' experience across all areas of design, to expand their 'hands on' creative experience within a fast paced busy team, over a broad variety of mediums from print to digital.
Being responsible for design projects and creative origination across all campaigns, it is crucial that you are not only adept at taking briefs but are also able manage through projects liaising with both suppliers and customers as well as the team. In this role you will be expected to perform a variety of tasks and are looking for someone with the experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within the given timeframes.
The ability to see the 'bigger picture' and interpret broader marketing objectives as well as understand branding principles would be preferable.
Cultural and team fit is very important to us so as we are a small team so in addition to the experience and good technical skills we need a highly motivated, passionate individual with a positive 'can do' attitude.
The role reports creatively to the Business Development Director, however there is the scope for a good deal of autonomy and input for the right candidate. You will be supporting both the broader marketing team as well as NPD.
- Creativity Integrity - ensure appropriate application and adherence to brand guidelines across relevant marketing materials to present a consistent brand image
- Delivery of projects within scope, on time and to the required quality and budget
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Mac literate with an excellent understanding of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator,
- Illustration experience and understanding of textile print techniques preferential
- Good understanding print repro guidelines
- Experience of working in a multi-channel design environment and dealing with suppliers and customers
- Experience in the design and origination of packaging and POS beneficial
- Basic knowledge of Magento,CMS systems & HTML/Wordpress beneficial
- Dreamweaver and familiarity with graphic design guidelines beneficial
- Animation and video experience a beneficial
- Experience managing digital, web and collateral design and print production projects
- Project management - ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to think outside of the box and a keen eye for detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and willingness to be part of a team
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Professional creative or design qualification preferred, or a compelling portfolio