A content designer to work on the end-to-end journey of a digital planning service for the submission of planning applications.
- Working on the end-to-end journey with a focus between the complex planning system language and language understood by non-specialist users.
- Working closely with the UR and developer teams attending daily (currently remote) stand ups as required.
- Find appropriate ways to test the content and use best practice patterns for creating copy.
- Ensuring appropriate content is shown to a user in the right place, in the best format.
- Developing a playbook building rules and/or principles re: writing content for the service. Providing a form of output report delivering recommendations, log of iterations and working to the GDS standards.
Key Skills / Experience
- Experience and knowledge of how to convey complex information using plain English and have a good understanding of how people use the web
- Experience and ability of working with fluidity and unknown quantities.
- Relationship management - building rapport and strong relationships and working with a variety of disciplines
- Experience of and an understanding of how to structure content in a way that is intuitive.
- Experience of designing in a user centred way using research to understand user needs and ability to measure what you put in place to ensure user needs are being met.
- Ability to collate information and establish rules and principals that can be formulated into a playbook.
- Ability to summarise findings and communicate recommendations, in both written and verbal format.
- Awareness of planning applications