Milton Keynes (Remote working available)
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The Compliance Officer will be the primary source of compliance advice to first line of defence business areas at clients and associated businesses in the UK whilst operating independently from them within the compliance function and will also carry out quality assurance second line of defence monitoring activity.
- The role will report to the General Manager, Compliance.
- Provide independent day-to-day quality assurance support, guidance and recommendations to identify regulatory compliance risks associated with business activities. Assist allocated business areas with the planning and the implementations of changes.
- Plan for and undertake monitoring activity in relation to the Compliance Monitoring Plan to ensure alignment with relevant regulatory laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Produce reports on the findings of monitoring activity, collating and analysing information gathered in addition to documenting any deficient conditions or weaknesses and propose viable recommendations for corrective action. Engage with business management to discuss findings and recommendations.
- Maintain a register of monitoring findings and actions to track outcomes to ensure agreed corrective actions are satisfactorily implemented.
- Support the compliance team in the design of the overall Compliance Monitoring Plan and the individual scoping of reviews, in addition to identifying any amendments that might be required during its operational phase to facilitate appropriate decision-taking.
- Assist in driving the Compliance Monitoring Plan forward and identifying any potential risks in terms of not being able to complete the plan or specific reviews within planned time-lines, escalating these issues where necessary within the compliance team in line with business policies and processes.
If this role is of interest to you, please submit your CV in the first instance.