c.£32,000 - £40,000 DOE
Full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, medical cover, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts etc
We have a requirement for a Communications Systems Engineer to undertake communications engineering design, development, system integration, and test and acceptance activities to support Maritime communication systems in the underwater C4I domain.
The Role and Responsibilities
You will be responsible for successfully applying current knowledge to development of legacy and current military-specific communications technologies in support of planned and future military communication installations. This will include:
- Support to developing communication architecture solutions across the frequency spectrum.
- Installation and integration of equipment in a range of military and commercial platforms.
- Undertake test and evaluation of equipment and solutions in a lab environment.
- Produce technical documentation in support of work carried out.
- This role will require the holder to be able to obtain a high level of security clearance. To gain clearance you will normally have had to be of British Nationality and born in the UK.
Specific responsibilities for which the post holder has a requirement to deliver will include:
- Input to design, development, setting to work and trials operation of communication systems across the communications spectrum. Including Line of Site, Beyond Line of Sight and Mobile Technologies.
- Plan/structure own work and report to Project Manager/ Lead Engineer on progress;
- Engage with relevant customers and stakeholders undertaking design and test activities to ensure requirements are met.
- Rapid learning of current and future communication technologies
- Understanding the requirements in support of planned and future military and commercial communication programmes.
- Innovation in the application/integration of communications technologies to provide new and enhanced capabilities to our customers.
- Proactively anticipate possible problems
- Provide adaptability to solutions within a short timescale to meet customer requirements.
You will have strong drive and good collaboration skills. As the role is strategic, excellent communication skills will be required and the ability to articulate ideas with diverse ranges of audiences. You will already hold SC clearance as a minimum (or be happy to become cleared)
- Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in a Science, Engineering or Communications discipline or able to provide evidence of equivalent experience is essential.
- Good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines.
- Ability to work with a diverse range of teams and to also undertake tasks unsupervised/manage own workload.
- An understanding of Systems Engineering principles and how own area integrates into others.
- Capable of innovative thinking.
- Be able to make evaluative judgements on the analysis of factual information.
- Report/presentation writing skills.
- Sound and comprehensive communications skills are required in order to exchange complex information.
- Willingness to travel within the UK and potentially overseas.
- Task and Team focussed.
- Risk Awareness
- Able to follow processes and procedures
If you're ready to apply, fantastic! Click "apply" and if your CV is shortlisted, I will call for an initial chat/screening in confidence within the next week.
Interviews will take place over the next few weeks and we are short listing as we speak!
If you need any further information drop me (Craig) an email at