Experis has an exciting new 6 month contract opportunity to work in the Public Sector as a COBOL Developer in Telford.
Length: 6 months
Location: Telford (remote 2/3 days a week)
Rate: £400-£600 per day (via umbrella)
Note: Only residents of the UK will be considered for this opportunity as you must be able to work on site 2 days a week.
Scope and Responsibilities:
- The COBOL Software Engineer will work within a Development team and may be involved in development of new products and maintenance of existing products.
- Carrying out development in accordance with the agreed requirements and development standards
- Testing of products in accordance with the test strategy to ensure that they are fit for purpose
- Assisting the Scrum Master in examining packages of work and giving realistic timescales for completion
- Completion of work allocated within agreed time, cost and quality criteria and providing progress reports on assigned work as required
- Management and control of problems and change within their area of responsibility as requested by the Scrum Master, including negotiation with other teams as necessary
- Prompt escalation of problems, issues and risks as necessary
- Playing an active part in Process improvement, awareness of and compliance with all relevant quality processes and procedures, including completion of all the specified quality records
- COBOL - Mandatory
- ICL VME
- Oracle and SQL
- Data Dictionary
- Application Master
- Cobol Reportwriter
- Full knowledge of the development lifecycle
- Awareness of Risk, Change & Problem Management
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Awareness of Agile and Scrum methodology
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving and creativity skills
- Honesty and Integrity
- Eagerness to learn
- Drive and energy
- Professional appearance
If you meet the above criteria, please apply for the position to be contacted by an Experis Consultant.