Cloud Security Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced cloud security engineer to work across a number of key programmes of work for both internal and external customers, including MoD departments, Government agencies and commercial organisations. Most of our cloud projects today are built on AWS or Azure, but you'll be expected to quickly pick up a range of technologies based on the needs of our customers.
As a senior cyber security engineer with specialist knowledge in cloud security, you'll be responsible for ensuring that critical projects built on public cloud are appropriately secured through the design, build and support phases, providing detailed technical expertise to Product Owners, Security Architects and System/Platform Engineers to build systems that simultaneously achieve the desired mission outcomes and provide robust defences against sophisticated and highly motivated attackers
· Excellent technical understanding of both cyber security issues and cloud technologies
· Experience securing sensitive workloads within cloud platforms against sophisticated technical threats
· Able to make complex risk-balance judgements
· Able to gain trust and 'buy in' from a variety of stakeholders, both with and without strong technical backgrounds
· Able to rapidly acquire new technical information as technology and security threats evolve
· At least five years' postgraduate (or equivalent level) experience in a cyber security or cloud engineering role
· At least one certification in cloud technologies at 'professional / specialist' level
· Ability to read, write and review code in at least one programming language
· Experience of working with agile workflow tools (e.g. JIRA / Confluence)
· Experience of working with Infrastructure as Code and Continuous Integration / Continuous Development tools
· Experience making subtle security arguments to achieve accreditation / authority to operate
· Experience leading engineering governance / change control activities
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets