Our Financial Sector client require an experienced Cloud Microservices Lead Engineer to join a new formed team.
The initiative is to establish a new end-to-end production capability leveraging Cloud technology, delivering stream-lined processes, centralised production, a new data platform, globally standardised calculation engines, and significantly enhancing analytical capability to drive strategic decision making.
The project will deliver a fully aligned and integrated forecasting capability as part of the target state operating model for Finance. The initiative will develop new python-based models to forecast a range of business Balance Sheet and P&L line items.
The successful candidate will lead design and build of model execution platform on GCP (Google Cloud Platform) within the our clients Finance Cloud Framework. They will work with the Solution Architect and product owner to build series of micro services that will form the model execution platform.
Key Skills and Experience
- Solid experience in writing design specification for micro services
- Extensive experience in Python or Java or both
- Good knowledge of GCP products especially big query, GKE, cloud storage, compute engine, cloud SQL
- Experience with micro services architecture and key enabling patterns
- DevOps and Agile engineering practitioner, test driven development
- Experience building and maintaining API's with RESTful web services
- Experience in the Financial sector desirable
- Experience of Java Springboot
- Experience of Docker
- Experience of Kubernetes