This is a new opportunity for a Cloud Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals delivering new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment. This role is suitable for an experienced engineer with a strong technical background in server and cloud technologies (Azure). Working under the direction of Senior Engineers and Architects,
What I will be doing:
- Proactively work with solution architects and senior engineers to aid in the production of (and/or contributions to) proposal for work (preparation/justification of work programmes/plans/resource estimates)
- Ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and QinetiQ governance procedures and processes through design reviews
- Work with the technical management team to identify resources required for the task and provide regular progress updates.
- Work within small to medium sized teams and direct the tasks of more junior engineers, whilst bringing their experience of cloud technologies into the team and ensuring technical standards.
- Uphold quality and deliver solutions to budget and time constraints.
- Ensure delivered solutions are fully documented to a high standard.
- Be organised and have exceptional time and personal management
- Have sound technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies
What's in it for the Cloud Engineer?
- A competitive Salary
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Career development across a diverse International organisation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Flexible/Hybrid working
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Cloud Engineer:
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- Demonstratable in-depth experience of designing and building Azure cloud solutions
- Demonstrable knowledge and application of cloud automation tools
- A sound technical understanding of IT concepts, including networking, IDAM, security etc
Desirable Skills for the Cloud Engineer:
- Experience in deploying and supporting enterprise infrastructure services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of MOD or agency standards for security.
One of the UK leading partners in Intelligence and National Security, Science and Technology that works on cutting edge research projects. A global organisation primarily established in the UK and the US, currently growing in international markets. They provide a wide range of services, such as technical, scientific, and engineering expertise. This particular site provides scientific research and development and applies this to the commercial world making it viable for sale.
Currently staffed with problem solvers and analytically minded individuals, they pride themselves on being able to think outside the box. Passionate about technology and actively self-learn outside of core working hours, they are seen as some of the best minds in the UK.
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as an Cloud Engineer and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and staff, then please apply.