Senior Cloud Developer
Up to £700 per day
Umbrella company only
- Key or pivotal role in delivery of a large-scale IT project (requirements, design, development, testing, data, infrastructure), preferably delivered following an Agile approach.
- Demonstrable experience in understanding business requirements and translating these requirements into a solid, robust technical design that can withstand scrutiny by various teams involved in governance processes around live deployments (IT Security, Cyber Security etc.)
- Demonstrated an ability to see beyond the defined business requirements and designing solutions that are readily maintainable, easy to extend and that allow for future requirements to be easily implemented minimizing technical debt where possible
- Have knowledge of modern web application authentication and authorization approaches including JWT, OpenID Connect and OAuth
- Experience in data security and work closely with data security measures and protocols, such as user access control and token management, to protect both the organization from threats and exploits.
- Expertise in Object-oriented programming.
- Designing highly scalable, available, and reliable cloud-native applications.
- Designing secure applications. Security mechanisms, Certificate-based authentication, Authenticating to Google services.
- Managing application data, defining database schemas and integration with API Microservice
- Deploying applications and services on GCP (GCE/GKE). Integrating an application with data and storage services.
- Demonstrate experience in application performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to various deployment strategies using appropriate tools.
- Understand the concept of immutable infrastructure (what it means, what design considerations are key & why it is important), and ideally some experience on at least one project.
Technical skills (must have):
- Knowledge of cloud architecture & services (preferably GCP).
- Cloud Technologies- preferably AWS/Google Cloud
- UI experience
- Security (IAM, roles, service accounts, entitlements).
- Automation toolset (Terraform).
- DevOps principles (CICD, designing & implementing infrastructure/configuration-as-code).
- Designing and writing robust automated tests using ServerSpec, InSpec.
- Hands on Developer
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.