£500-£550 per day
*Umbrella company only
Our client is one of the world's largest banking and financial services organisations. Their customers range from individual savers and investors to some of the world's biggest companies, governments and international organisations. They aim to connect them to opportunities and help them to achieve their ambitions.
- Design, develop, and implement Web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP - application programming interfaces - for interactions with data in cloud projects.
- Part of a small team of Cloud Engineers that supports multiple GCP development projects.
- Collaborate with GCP delivery teams, to challenge and refine solution designs, ensuring at all times that DevOps best practice is followed.
- Collaborate with central GCP teams (architecture, security, engineering, networks) to design new implementation patterns and to apply them across the various GCP projects.
- Key or pivotal role in delivery of a large-scale IT project (requirements, design, development, testing, data, infrastructure), preferably delivered following an Agile approach.
- Demonstrable experience in understanding business requirements and translating these requirements into a solid, robust technical design that can withstand scrutiny by various teams involved in governance processes around live deployments (IT Security, Cyber Security etc.)
- Demonstrated an ability to see beyond the defined business requirements and designing solutions that are readily maintainable, easy to extend and that allow for future requirements to be easily implemented minimizing technical debt where possible
- Have knowledge of modern web application authentication and authorization approaches including JWT, OpenID Connect and OAuth
- Experience in data security and work closely with data security measures and protocols, such as user access control and token management, to protect both the organization from threats and exploits.
- Expertise in Object-oriented programming.
- Designing highly scalable, available, and reliable cloud-native applications.
- Designing secure applications. Security mechanisms, Certificate-based authentication, Authenticating to Google services.
- Managing application data, defining database schemas and integration with API Microservice
- Deploying applications and services on GCP (GCE/GKE). Integrating an application with data and storage services.
- Demonstrate experience in application performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Exposure to various deployment strategies using appropriate tools.
- Understand the concept of immutable infrastructure (what it means, what design considerations are key & why it is important), and ideally some experience on at least one project.
Technical skills (must have):
- Knowledge of cloud architecture & services (preferably GCP).
- Cloud Technologies- preferably AWS/Google Cloud
- Security (IAM, roles, service accounts, entitlements).
- Automation toolset (Terraform).
- DevOps principles (CICD, designing & implementing infrastructure/configuration-as-code).
- Designing and writing robust automated tests using ServerSpec, InSpec.
- RHEL 7.x administration.
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.