Citrix Design Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Citrix VDA Engineer to join the Modern Workplace Solution Implementation team for a Major Public Sector Account. The client is focused on a major transformation program of their IT estate. The candidate will need to work with Key stakeholders to help solution the Modern Workplace transformation stream.
Core Skills and Experience:
- CCP & MCSE Certified working towards their CCEE/CCIA.
- Expert knowledge in the Citrix product suite with experience in design and implementation of multiple large-scale Citrix solutions over distributed locations.
- Strong experience in multiple Server OS platforms, including support and configuration of a locked-down environment.
- Depth and breadth experience of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across a number of technologies such as Wintel, Storage and Networking while specialising in Citrix.
- Experience of designing, configuring and maintaining NetScaler deployments.
- Expert level experience in enterprise scale solutions in both Greenfield deployments and designs which are cognisant of existing infrastructure. Able to produce detailed migration solutions which can then be fed into detailed project plans.
- Demonstrates broad knowledge in other technical areas in order to properly manage complex integration efforts. Demonstrates the application of technical expertise in successful engagements involving multiple disciplines so to provide solutions which encompass multiple technologies.
- Be able to demonstrate a broad understanding of market dynamics, commercial issues, and technical concerns whilst maintaining depth in core focus area of Citrix technologies.
- Able to call on considerable experience of integrating and upgrading XenApp farms to multiple large-scale customers, using this knowledge to produce concise engineering. Provide consultancy to multiple deliveries whilst tailoring the advice to the environment specifics in order to adhere to customer requirements.
- Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of a particular customer's existing Citrix infrastructure. Ability to re-use existing experience to develop new solutions to take to market.
- Able to provide detailed high-level troubleshooting for support escalations.
- Citrix Virtual Delivery Agent (VDA) experience
- Technologies: VMware ESXi, SCCM, MS FSLogixs, and Windows 10
- Expert knowledge and experience in enterprise scale solutions in both Greenfield deployments and designs
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Expert level diagnostic and logical fault-finding skills to a 4th line level.
- Exposure and working knowledge of both physical and virtual environments.
- Virtual infrastructure skills, administration for templates, clones and virtual disks.
- Awareness of ITIL practices and processes.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to confidently converse across all levels of management.