Change Manager - HR Transformation / Workday Implementation
Location: Leeds or London office (Hybrid working model)
We are actively looking to secure a Change Manager to join Experis as one of our expert consultants, delivering services to our clients.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology, and career development.
Our client has undertaken a major initiative to transform HR through the end-to-end design and implementation of a future state HR experience including implementing Workday, that delivers a digitally enabled HR function and workplace.
This transformation programme will alter the way that the entire business engages with and uses the HR function, and this role will be pivotal to support their Communications Lead to help prepare colleagues for a seismic shift in how they operate.
A key part of this change role is to embed new ways of working for this project, whilst also supporting business realignment to support their strategic growth plans.
- Be the Change Manager for a specified division/business area.
- A key contributor to the vision and benefits case of the Transformation project.
- Drive the project and employee experience principles.
- Responsible for implementing the change and adoption plan and implementation of Workday.
- Help to drive key decisions across key stakeholder groups.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders and help them to navigate the change curve.
- Facilitate and lead process workshops and sessions.
- Accountable for documentation of content inventory with documentation and knowledge articles required to support roll-out and adoption of the new HR solution for work-stream.
- Support the Change Management work-stream, to drive the change and comms agenda.
- Ensure programme risks and issues are managed / mitigated to the highest standard.
- Supporting testing execution, including service rehearsals of HR Operations processes to ensure robustness of design.
- Be the eyes and ears on the ground to identify and escalate any potential blockers to adoption success
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be a strong problem solver to be able to formulate new ideas and get around blockers
- Demonstrable extensive experience of delivering large and complex HR transformation projects.
- Experience of building, maintaining, and managing strong relationships and stakeholder groups.
- Highly motivated and self-starter, with high level of energy and pro-active approach to work.
- Ability to communicate professionally, clearly, and effectively to target audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and highly emotionally intuitive.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines on multiple tasks concurrently.
Interested candidates should submit their CV's in the first instance.