Experis are supporting a NHS Fountain Trust with the recruitment for a Cerner ERP Integration Architect on a contract basis. The successful candidate will be required to deliver a successful Cerner Millennium implementation, early life support and for a period beyond go live in an acute Trust setting. The services need to be provided by experienced personnel, who have worked on previous implementations of EPR systems in the NHS onto a Cerner Millennium platform.
The EPR programme is one of the largest single transformational projects undertaken by the Trust affecting virtually every element of the organisation. The impact of the EPR implementation across the Trust will be significant, transforming care delivery. The scope of functionality and capability will include the following:
- Responsible for the ongoing full system life cycle (planning, design, development, implementation, review, update and support and maintenance) of interfaces to meet business needs and user specifications and requirements.
- To lead the work with external agencies that could assist with integration work for the EPR. Co-ordinating these agencies and the internal integration work stream.
- To lead the facilitation and support the delivery of the integration work stream by ensuring robust systems and processes are in place and adhered to by the Development team.
- Present complex technical information to users, project groups and the wider Trust, ensuring that all staff understand the principles of the integration agenda and the architecture that underpins this.
- To be responsible for the facilitation, planning and execution of all digital integration activities within the Trust.
- Support the Digital programme by ensuring that dependencies between the integration work stream and parallel work streams are understood.
- Be responsible for undertaking systems analysis and establish business, clinical, managerial and user requirements for system(s) integration within the Trust
- Formulate system implementation plans, alongside existing implementation, and development plans. These will impact the Development team, the Clinical system team and Informatics team, as well as the wider Trust; ensuring effective stakeholder engagement system ownership
- Assist in the development, promotion and documentation of methodologies and standards within the Informatics Department
- Be responsible for the provision of testing and quality assurance of new interfaces between the EPR and new and existing clinical systems.
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
- Good working knowledge of modern software development environments
- Knowledge and experience of HL7 Messaging v2 and v3 and development
- Knowledge and experience of use of at least one of the following:
- Iguana interface engine
- Orion Rhapsody
- Intersystem Ensemble/ HealthShare
- Knowledge of NHS ITK Standards
- Knowledge of:
- Cerner Millennium EPR
- Oracle DBA/ SQL andPL SQL
- Web-authoring skills
- High level of experience of programming in several computer programming languages to include some or all of:
- .net framework
- SQL server
- Intersystem Cache