Principal Network Engineer - CCIE - JNCIP or JNCIP-SP for an ISP / MSP Technical Services
£85,000pa to £95,000pa DoE + Excellent Benefits Package
London HQ - Options for WFH and Office Base - 8:30am till 5pm Monday to Friday
Cisco CCIE, CCNP Level or Juniper JNCIP or JNCIP-SP for Extensive Network Projects
CCIE or Juniper JNCIP or JNCIP-SP - MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions, SolarWinds, Cisco or Juniper Carrier Grade Devices, Network Operations, Carrier Grade Network Design (HLD and LLD) Cisco Routing & Switching with Servers, Firewalls, MPLS, Wi-Fi, TCP/IP, carrier technologies, including BGP, OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls. ONT, UDP, IPT VoIP, QoS, QinQ
This is a 360 Degree Principal Network Engineer role, and you play an active part in the full project lifecycle, providing input and assistance for High-Level Design (HLD) and Low-Level Design (LLD) of Networks and Network configuration as well as offer day to day BAU Operational Support in a full multi-vendor environment.
You will assist with Business-as-Usual activities to support "Hybrid, Multi-Vendor Network environments" utilising products such as Cisco, or Juniper, Nokia, Routers, Switches and Hubs over GPON and P2P Broadband Networks.
This dynamic and growing network services provider are seeking professional, career minded and focused "Principal" Network Engineer reporting to their HQ in London's West End, Piccadilly.
Having secured have secured over £1b in investment in 3 years, this Network & Communications organisation are growing rapidly. Therefore, you will need to be ambitious, energetic and have commitment in abundance seeking to progress to the next stage in your career.
This is a high tempo role, and this client will happily consider candidates from a Network Operations background who are looking to gain more project exposure in a busy ISP, and the scope of the role means you will be working on multiple technologies, and your learning and development will increase in a short amount of time.
What you will need to have to secure this role:
- Current Certifications - Cisco CCIE / CCNP or JNCIP or JNCIP-SP
- Proven hands-on experience working with Carrier Grade Cisco and/or Juniper devices.
- Strong carrier grade network design, migration and implementation experience of MPLS and MPLS based VPN solutions.
- Comprehensive practical and theoretical knowledge of typical carrier technologies, including BGP / iBGP OSPF/ISIS, Multicast, IPv6, Firewalls.
- Deep understanding of packet captures, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems based on packet analysis.
- Experience of configuring and using common Network Monitoring Systems (NMS) such as SolarWinds, Nagios, PRTG, etc.
- Experience producing technical documentation including, Project Plans, High Level Designs (HLD) and Low-Level Designs (LLD).
- Any experience in Network Automation or coding will be beneficial, but not essential.
You will ensure an interview if you have previous experience working in "Hybrid, Multi-Vendor Network environments" utilising products such as Cisco, Juniper, Nokia, Routers, Switches and Hubs over GPON and P2P Broadband Networks
With a solid background in Networking your responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Business-as-Usual activities to support day to day network operations in an ISP environment.
- Network operation,
- Own, manage and deliver projects from the network projects pipeline.
- Creating, managing and updating the project plans & deliverables.
- Be an authority on the existing Network, acting as the final point of call for fault escalation.
- Network design, maintenance and optimisation.
- Ensure network availability is kept above the SLA thresholds.
- Assess, maintain and enhance network performance and security.
- Proactive response to alarms & monitor the network status.
- Document everything from network designs, troubleshooting manual and procedures to user guides.
- Work with all the key stakeholders to ensure project tasks are completed efficiently and effectively.
- Carry out migration/maintenance tasks as required by the business.
- Visit data centres & sites to keep the network up to a set standard.
- Provide Out of Hours support for network escalations.
- Support junior members of the team with the technical queries.
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and secure a role to elevate your networks career.