Salary: Starting at £44,000 - £56,000 plus annual bonus
Location: Solihull based, with remote hybrid working
My client is looking for a category manager with IT procurement expertise to help a grow a business based international energy supplier into new markets and new companies. This role would have a strategic impact on areas of procurement initiatives and value delivery. This role would be perfect for someone with a background of software procurement, ideally in the utilities sector, keen to work on expanding business, and developing new structures to influence the industry.
You will be joining an already existing team structure, recently reorganised with lots of capacity to expand to meet new business demand. You will work alongside a wide range of internal and external partners, including large commercial and industrial partners, and will have the ability to tailor this role to the business needs, and define the wider strategy.
- IT Procurement expertise
- Experience within a sourcing, buying, commercial or contract management role.
- An understanding of supply chain issues with software or hardware products.
- An understanding of SAP, or equivalent ERP system.
- Strong analytical skills, ideally in a utilities or B2B environment.
- IT proficient with advanced skills in Word, Excel, Project etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and influencing skills. Experiencing of working on new business with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues, contractors and customers.
- Category manager experience.
- Experience of helping to build new IT platforms.
- Utilities experience.
- Support creation and implementation of category sourcing strategy.
- Collaborate with the supplier market to open new and competitive channels.
- Manage the operational sourcing process, including market/supplier analysis.
- Mitigate supply risk
- Drive optimisation of IT procurement supply
IT Procurement, Category Manager, Software, Utilities, Oil and Gas, Energy, IT Strategy, Analytics, SAP, ERP