I am supporting a global growing Retail Business who are looking to expand the team with a number of Category roles available at different levels.
An exciting time to join this global company with free parking on-site, a competitive salary and great career opportunities.
The individual will be responsible for executing customer focused product decisions including product, price, promotion, placement, people and performance. Specifically choosing the Range, negotiating with suppliers and providing leadership and strategic direction to the Category Team to enable all sub-categories to achieve the financial plan.
I am looking for either experience Category managers looking for their next step up or anyone who has the skills and interesting in moving into a Category Manager role!
Apply today and let's have a chat!
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent retail / wholesale experience
- Experience in retail / wholesale industry
- Buying, inventory or analysis experience preferred
- Knowledge of the market, retail / wholesale business and customers
- Knowledge of business drivers (e.g., pricing, promotion, range)
- Planning skills
- Negotiation skills
- Sense of product trends
- Enthusiasm, initiative and passion for retail / wholesale
- Drive, ambition and positive outlook on their career with a willingness to learn and grow
- Office computer skills; able to learn company systems and tools, preference for Microsoft application experience
Key responsibilities include:
- Strategic Responsibilities
- Annual Category Planning
- Conceptual Range Planning
- Space Planning
- Promotion Planning
- Markdowns and Clearance
- In-Season Business Review
- Post-Mortem Analysis
- Supplier Contributions
- Market Intelligence
- Retail Club / Best One
- Cost Price Analysis
- People Development and Training