C++ Developer (C++, React, TDD)
6 Month initial contract
Osterley (remote for now)
Inside of IR35
Who are we?
Hello entertainment lovers. We're NOW, part of the Sky family. We are one of the UK's leading streaming platforms, where brilliant simplicity meets brilliant entertainment. Here, we do TV a little differently. We're home to new and exclusive movies, critically acclaimed shows and unmissable live sports - all without a contract. Watch it all your way on 60+ devices - whether it's a Sky Original on the big screen or catching the Premier League on the go.
With the team launching a huge rebrand in 2021, we're incredibly proud of how much we've grown. We started as just as handful of people at Sky HQ and have expanded to 250 people at NOW. We're passionate about diversity, inclusion and collaboration - always striving for the best talent. Everyone at NOW helps grow our brand, accomplish more and shake up the industry. Join in.
As a C++/React Developer, you'll be drawing on your know-how to deliver high quality features quickly. You will be encouraged to help solve the problems faced in this domain with the potential of bringing new solutions or technologies to the platform. You'll be knowledgeable and passionate about technology and use agile to ensure your projects succeed. The Desktop application for the Now TV Web Team drives values for customers by providing streaming service across UK, Italy and Germany. The potential candidate will work with third party to upgrade software for the Desktop Application, which operates in both Windows and Mac devices.
- Develop excellent quality software using agile techniques such as Test Driven Development and Pair Programming.
- Take an active role in Story definition, assisting QA's and business stakeholders with Acceptance criteria.
- Drive best technology and software development practices into the team with passion and enthusiasm.
- Participate in regular showcases of new work to the product owners and business stakeholders.
- Strive for continuous improvement within the team.
- To work with other parts of the business to push forward with success for release.
- Strong unit testing and Agile background is essential.
- Strong CI/CD experience to create/manage pipeline for ease of release in Jenkins/CircleCI/Concourse.
- Regular use of agile and scrum practices such as TDD is highly beneficial.
- Working alongside creative colleagues and bringing their work to life as faithfully as possible.
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of best of breed open source and commercial technologies.
- Bachelors' degree or equivalent industry experience.
Good communication skills - comfortable communicating at all levels.
- An exposure of working with GraphQL and/or Electron library would be a bonus.
- A track record of getting the job done.
- An enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices.
- An enthusiasm for new technology.
- Take pride and ownership in your work.
- Good team player and communication skills.
- Demonstrate an agile mindset.
If you feel you are suitable for the role please submit your CV in the first instance.