Job Title: Buyer
Business Unit: LGE
Here at Babcock International Group in Rosyth, we are currently looking for a Buyer to join us. We aim to deliver engineering-led, and world-leading, products and services across our Engineering, Specialised Manufacturing, Gas Handling Systems and Naval Marine business streams.
Reporting to the Team Leader, your key duties in this role will include:
- To establish and maintain a good working relationship with Suppliers and where necessary with Customers, such that they would wish to receive and place future business with LGE Process.
- Perform all tasks involved in the formation and administration of Purchase Orders, Purchase in accordance with the Company Quality Procedures.
- Communication with Suppliers, Contractors and Personnel within LGE Process and when necessary within Babcock to establish a clear definition of requirements and to ensure performance to agreed contract terms.
- Keep Tendering department informed of changes to price agreements, changes to lead times and new suppliers to be considered
- Prepare and organise assigned Procurement sponsored meetings, such as bid clarification and post award meetings, for the purpose of ensuring complete understanding and agreement between LGE Process, the Client (as relevant) and supplier on all contractual matters.
- After reviewing plan and agenda with Team lead, conducts meeting, and prepares and issues meeting minutes delineating important statements, required actions and schedules.
- Assist project Procurement team, when instructed, in solving and attending to administrative problems on commitments involving high monetary expenditure or risk, engineered technical specifications or supplementary commercial conditions.
Who we are looking for
To succeed in this role you will need to have all, or some, of the following skills & experience:
- Experienced in a similar Buyer role
- Industry sector experience in engineering, manufacturing or similar is desirable
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, to include Excel
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
What else do I need to know?
- Permanent role in a leading FTSE250 organisation
- Role is based in Rosyth with some remote working also on offer
- You should hold or have the ability to obtain full SC clearance.
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear you are required to make your current line manager aware that you're applying for this vacancy. You should advise them if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. Babcock will be continuing with essential recruitment activity but implementing relevant recommendations to protect our employees, by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we may face.
You will have advance notice should we wish to arrange an interview with you and more information will be provided regarding the format by the recruitment team.
This advice is valid at the time of publication and changing government advice and Babcock working practices take precedence at any particular time.
This role is within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. The Marine Sector delivers a wide array of complex through-life marine engineering services. Ranging from UK and international naval fleet support, commercial marine, engineering consultancy, weapons handling, equipment support, intelligence, cyber security and training delivered through unique owned and managed infrastructure to defence and civil customers across the globe.
Babcock International Group is committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fit your specific needs.