Performance & Data Analyst
Rainham, East London
Up to £50,000
About the role
Here at Babcock International we are looking to recruit an experienced Data Analyst to support our partnership with the Metropolitan Police in delivering an exciting new programme for new police recruits. The successful candidate will be responsible for conducting end-to-end data analysis to support operational business requirements and improvement projects across the PEQF contracts.
You will be tasked with the development, production and distribution of statistical performance information to assist operational, accounts / contracts, finance and management teams to effectively manage performance. You'll need to understand the customer's requirements for data and analysis, develop reports and present this in a compelling way direct to the customer.
We are looking for a real high performer with a strong analytical mind; this is an excellent opportunity to showcase your capabilities within a large, complex high profile programme.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need experience conducting end-to-end analysis on large, raw and complex data sets, that includes data gathering from multiple sources, to support business decision making. This role requires you to have the ability to develop compelling visual displays of analytics for internal and external clients as well as providing recommendations on streamlining reporting / analytical processes.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- High level of competency in system administration including the use of non-standard IT systems, including: Help Desk applications, LMS, Business MI tools, web and database applications, VB.
- Experienced and competent in the use of ERP Systems, SQL, SSRS, Microsoft Stack and databases to generate reports, analysis and visual representations of data.
- Advanced skills in Excel (VBA Programming) and Business Intelligence tools.
- Experience of designing, implementing and delivering data driven reports and analysis.
Lastly, you'll need excellent verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate and influence both internal and external stakeholders.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.