Business Analyst - Asset Management
*Candidates must operate via an approved umbrella company
Distributed Energy has a vision to be the leading low-carbon localised smart energy infrastructure solution provider in the UK and Ireland. To achieve this there is a planned level of capex investment in energy infrastructure underpinning business growth. For this investment to be successful, the operating model, systems and solutions used to develop, operate and maintain new infrastructure in Distributed Energy need to be radically updated and digitised.
The planned transformation will entail moving the business from operating in silos, using disparate excel spreadsheets and local databases and "reinventing the wheel" for each project, to an integrated and digitised model that streamlines, automates and de-risks the end-to-end deployment of asset-based systems from design to operation.
The future model will embrace fit for purpose asset management solutions aligned to the step change in asset deployment alongside PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) and workflow to integrate and automate core processes and exploit common data.
This increased collaboration will enable a radical reduction in governance and management effort coupled with a reduction in commercial and operational risk by providing a single view of the truth enabled by common data that spans the lifecycle of the project, hence improving the visibility of project delivery, costings and profitability data.
The role is required elicit requirements from the business to support the initial scoping and prioritisation of the AMS capability, including identification of any Quick Wins. Beyond this (if successful) the expectation would be to support vendor identification and qualification and support delivery of the project as it progresses.
What has been missing from those involved to date / what we need:
- Strong BA Skills, getting under the covers of what the business needs on a day-to-day basis (understanding real pain points) and deriving quality requirements
- Driving detail out of the business through a structured methodological dynamic approach
- Significant Asset Management experience (e.g., supporting a Digital Transformation project such as ours)
- Strong presentation/ communication skills
- Ability to support the project delivery as it progresses adapting to the project needs in support of Backlog prioritisation/ UAT testing support/ Business Readiness support/ Data Mapping etc.
Please submit CVs today!