BUSINESS ANALYST (CUSTOMER OPS)
DURATION: 3-6 Months
What you will do….
Customer Ops comprises over 350 colleagues across operational, strategic and delivery focused teams, and handles tens of thousands of customer journeys every week. Working across the Strategy & Delivery teams within Customer Ops, you will understand business problems, identify gaps and opportunities, and make recommendations for change that improve the customer journey, player safety and operational effectiveness.
You will translate business and/or customer needs into project objectives, features and requirements. And then work with stakeholders to define acceptance criteria and validate the proposed solution.
As a Business Analyst, you also play a key role in managing the backlog of initiatives; assessing the value of requests and ensuring those we take forward align with Customer Operations' strategic objectives.
How you will do it…
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a BA capacity previously and, as such, will be able to demonstrate the following the key skills:
- A critical thinker, who is comfortable challenging the status-quo, strives for continuous improvement and asks why?
- Is adaptable and has the ability to understand a variety of different business problems, applying the most appropriate analysis methodology for the circumstances.
- Work with business stakeholders, product owners, solution architects and delivery leads to analyse complex problems and opportunities.
- A confident communicator who manages and engages stakeholders; identifying key players in delivering the right business outcomes and regularly delivers effective and clear messages.
- Can influence the effective decision-making by highlighting the true value in opportunities. Will provide evidence-based challenge to all stakeholders to ensure the right outcome is reached.
- Is customer obsessed and possesses the ability to understand customer interactions and user journeys; demonstrating a passion for improving outcomes for customers.
- Be a bridge between business and technical teams by translating business requirements into technical artefacts, and communicating the technical solution back to the business teams.
- Be a self-starter, inquisitive, never satisfied with the status-quo.
As you will sit within the Customer Operations Change Delivery team also spanning across our Strategy team, Experience within these areas will be beneficial. This will involve you working with a variety of stakeholders including other business analysts, project managers, delivery execs, tech & operational colleagues.
You will be required to use a variety of internal platforms and systems to support and document your work; however, full training and support will be provided for any systems you are not familiar with.
What you will be working on…
This role is part of the expansion of our Strategy & Delivery teams, and you will join our existing small team of Business Analysts. Below is a flavour of what some of the key initiatives our BA's are working on now or in the near future:
- Tech & systems development - we are investing in our systems capability to improve the back-end and customer journeys from a risk and safer gambling perspective. This is a large-scale project, which will have multiple elements requiring business analyst support from our area.
- Customer journey optimisation - continuing to understand and improve the journeys that impact, or are impacted by, Customer Ops is key. We have numerous ongoing work-streams in this area as we strive to deliver a better experience for our customers, and the teams that interact with them.
- Customer contact strategy - a strategic focus for 2021 is planning and delivering an improved customer contact strategy across Customer Ops; still to be fully scoped, this is likely to cover a variety of inbound and outbound opportunities across the CX and Risk & SG teams. Our Contact Strategy Manager will require ongoing BA support to develop a mature and robust plan for this area, this support will likely continue throughout the delivery elements also.
- Fraud & payments - as well as the ongoing development of processes, increasing regulation in this area means it is an area of focus for 2021. This work will require engagement with our core technology squad who are responsible for the front-end controls and processes.
- Regulatory requirements - regulation is a focal area for the entire industry and there will be numerous regulatory driven initiatives through 2021. Whilst many of these are yet to be fully known or defined, Customer Ops will certainly be a key stakeholder, so ensuring we have the set-up to support these initiatives is key.
If this is the rol for you please submit your Cv at your earliest convenience.