Role: Business Analyst
Location: Milton Keynes
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 3 months initially
As a Business Analyst, you will be involved in all aspects of business and systems analysis work for business projects, programmes and other operational change initiatives.
You will forge close working relationships with the business and act as the 'bridge' between the business and IT. Your role will involve working closely with the business to gather, analyse and translate specific needs to produce clear, unambiguous business requirements and functional specification documents for IT changes. You will identify organisational impacts, define and document business process changes and will work closely with the Business Transition and Business Performance Improvement teams to manage these impacts.
You will also play a supporting role in the testing activities undertaken by the IT Testing and Assurance and User Acceptance Testing teams and participate in the analysis and resolution of defects, suggesting workarounds if appropriate.
* Responsible for the delivery of the business requirements, business process design and functional design activities for programmes and projects.
* Enable effective business change, mentoring others, and challenging business stakeholders to think differently about how the business delivers its products and services.
* Engage with the business through interviews and workshops to gather and document detailed and unambiguous business requirements.
* Produce high quality Business Requirement Specifications.
* Translate business requirements into clear Functional Specifications.
* Work with the Business Performance Improvement team to validate 'As Is' business processes.
* Document 'To Be' business processes using ARIS and ensure that these deliver business requirements.
* Proactively engage the Business Performance Improvement team to ensure that 'To Be' business processes are efficient and opportunities to address performance issues are not overlooked.
* Collaborate with the Business Performance Improvement team to ensure that recommended changes fit into the end-to-end business process landscape and that upstream and downstream impacts are understood.
* Identify organisational impacts and work with the Business Transition team to ensure impacts are managed.
* Support the Project Manager during the start-up and planning phase as required.
* Provide work/effort estimates to the Project Manager as requested.
* Respond to queries raised by IT Development during technical design and build.
* Provide support to the testing teams during the planning, preparation and execution of project test phases.
* Participate in the analysis and resolution of defects identified during project test phases, suggesting workarounds if appropriate.
* Become the Subject Matter Expert on the business' requirements and act as the 'voice of the business' for the project team.
* Support Business Transition to enable effective delivery of projects, programmes and change initiatives to the business, particularly around collaboration on knowledge transfer, stakeholder engagement and communications.
* Contribute to project meetings to ensure that potential impacts, risk, issues, gaps and assumptions are captured, analysed and understood.
* Provide support to the business during 'Go Live' weekends.
* Provide project Early Life Support post implementation.
* Ensure knowledge transfer to IT Support and other stakeholders where required.
* Contribute to post implementation review, evaluation and lessons learned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Proven track record of delivering business requirements, business process design and functional design on IT enabled change projects.
* Enthusiastic about the use of technology and an ability to provide a communication 'bridge' between the business and technologists.
* A high level of business intelligence and strong analytical skills.
* Understand business imperatives and requirements and translate these into functional and non-functional specifications / development user stories.
* Deliver pragmatic business and operational design solutions that maximise benefits while achieving the desired business outcomes.
* Business Analysis Diploma, Information Systems Examination Board, or similar.
* Ability to work in a mixed Waterfall and Agile delivery environment.
* Knowledge and experience of mapping complex business processes in ARIS.
* Knowledge and experience of working in a PRINCE2 environment.
* Experience of supporting complex change and / or multi-disciplinary projects.
* Ensure all governance, risk management, controls and compliance requirements are considered during development of requirements.
* Resolve issues through strong problem solving skills: root cause analysis; engaging people from multiple business and IT teams where necessary; stakeholder management and strong communication to get to the root of a problem and ensure the correct priority and resources are available to resolve the issue.
* Understand, at a high level, the interface between complex business requirements and the complex legal and regulatory environment in which we operate.
* Developing internal and external business relationships and using own knowledge, skills and experience to influence others opinions and actions.
* Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data and arguments in a way that is accessible to everyone.
* A tenacious approach with focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered.
* High level of motivation, flexibility, drive and personal commitment.
* Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic.
* A willingness to learn and develop new skills.
* Educated to degree level in Business or Computer Science or similar disciplines, or equivalent experience.
* Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C)
* Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous.
Please submit CVs today!