BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ENGINEER
Our client is a global healthcare company, also becoming the leading company of it's specialism in the UK. Through tremendous growth they are seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer as they bring data visualisation back in house in the UK.
- Collects, analyses, and shares data to help business teams drive improvement in key business metrics, customer experience, and business results.
- Utilise database and reporting technologies to design, develop, and evaluate innovative business intelligence tools and automated reports.
- Designs, develops and tests BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards.
- Performs data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems.
- Integrates BI platforms with enterprise systems and applications.
- Enhances the performance of business intelligence tools by defining data to filter and index.
- Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations.
- Contribute to the appropriate Agile ceremonies.
- Provide second line support to the BI Support Function; working with the BI Support Analyst and assisting where required.
- Develop new BI Reporting solutions using PowerBI and Azure SQL Server.
- Liaise with the Business Analyst or wider organisation, where required, to understand and scope BI requests.
- Liaise with the Data Architect & Data Steward on the development and security requirements for BI developments.
- Where possible, highlight the data quality impact upon a report, within the report.
- Establish estimates and expectations around the delivery of any new or existing BI development in the BI Backlog.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Good organization and communication skills - the role will require building relationships
- Strong problem- solving skills - the role will require identifying and solving business challenges
- Highly numerate
- Strong Analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- Creative with strong initiative
- Experienced developing MS Power BI solutions (or similar tools) in a development