Business Intelligence Developer, Solutions, Systems, SQL, Insurance
Fenchurch Street, London
£80,000 plus full benefits
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. It operates in all lines of insurance, with more than 42,000 employees throughout the world.
As a Business Intelligence Developer, you'll have the ability to make a significant impact to the organization by supporting the digitalisation strategy with state-of-the-art data and MI solutions.
The objective of this role will be to create and maintain the Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions. This includes, but is not limited to, Data Warehouses, Data Marts, Reporting Services reports, ETL, Power BI, Data Lake and Qlikview dashboards. The successful candidate for this role will have excellent communications skills, an analytical mindset and be someone who wants to develop in data and business intelligence.
Design & Development
- Identifying options for new solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability in alignment with Enterprise Architecture
- Translate business needs to technical solutions and specifications
- Effort estimations
- Design, build and deploy new BI solutions. Own development from design to implementation
- Collaborate with other teams to integrate systems
- Develop and maintain technical documentation
Implementation, Support & Operations
- Respond to incidents raised against the Data Warehouse, MI reports, related overnight processes and other BI related areas
- Implement change requests (minor and major) related to the existing BI suite. Own developments from design to implementation
- Consult business in how to use the Data Warehouse and its information (self service)
- Maintain live, pre-prod and UAT deployment environments
- Maintain the warehouse 'overnight' processing job
- Work with the wider IT team to ensure a continuous high level of systems availability and performance
- Relevant experience required, gained supporting a SQL server-based warehouse and developing MI reports, including significant experience (4 years +) of MS SQL Server BI suite (SQL RDMS, SQL, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), preferably across multiple databases.
- Ideally someone from insurance or financial services or someone or who is willing to learn and undertake the necessary training and development. Strong business and analytical skills are needed to thoroughly understand the user reporting requirements across business domains (end2end). Additionally, good communication and organisational and planning skills are required to ensure that all areas of the role are performed in a timely and professional manner, involving the users where necessary.
- Demonstrable ability and track record of having performed a similar role in financial services, ideally within the Lloyds Insurance market or regulatory financial organisations.
- Successfully communicate with senior stakeholders, understand and offer solutions to often complex questions. Ability to translate complex technical answers to non-technical users.
- Experience of Financial Accounting systems (ledgers, double entry book-keeping) is highly desirable.
If you're who is looking for a career working with a fantastic team please click apply now!
Business Intelligence Developer, BI, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Server BI, Solutions, Systems, SQL, Insurance