BI Data Engineer
Birmingham (Hybrid Home Working/Office Split)
Salary up to £60,000
Experis IT is working with an excellent brand based in Birmingham who are hiring for a BI Data Engineer to optimise their use of data.
The role of a Business Insights Data Engineer will be responsible for improving and optimising their use of data and data pipeline architecture as well as the data flow and collection. You will design and implement data warehousing architecture that supports ETL processing and BI Reporting, and build the infrastructure required to develop the loading of data from various sources using SQL and Azure technologies, e.g. data pipelines, data factory and data bricks. You will explore ways to improve data quality and reliability whilst analysing and organising "big data" sets that meet the functional and non-functional business requirements. You will identify, design, and implement process improvements and build analytics tools to provide detailed insights into customer acquisitions whilst working with stakeholders of all levels to assist with data-related issues or support their data infrastructure needs.
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience in data modelling, data warehouse design and ETL frameworks
- Development experience using languages such as Python, R, Java, C++
- Exposure to cloud data migrations
- Experience using an Azure Data warehouse and Microsoft Data Factory
- Previous experience in a similar role with expert analysis skills
- Strong communication and strong stakeholder management skills
- Ability to think strategically and evaluate solutions in the short, medium, and long term.
- Experience of NoSQL/Non-relational databases
If this role sounds of interest, please apply.