Our client which specialises in helping SMEs to run their businesses more efficiently are currently recruiting for a Back end Engineer to work alongside the Head of Engineering and the wider business.
The role will see you play a pivotal role in designing, architecting and building out an enterprising, high quality SaaS application that simplifies the process of claiming, so that small businesses can create their own claims.
Ideally the company is seeking someone who is based in the United Kingdom and would be able to commute to their London office regularly.
The Day to Day
- Implement modern backend concepts like a GraphQL API
- Develop solid practices around CI/CD using enterprise tools
- Participate in pair programming sessions and execute thorough code reviews
- Be autonomous in the decision making and communicate your decisions with other project leads and partners
- Coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure
Responsibilities and Skills:
- Developing new API features
- Creating new infrastructure in AWS to support with the backend development
- Implementing and maintaining a rapid and scalable caching layer
- Experience with NodeJS
- GraphQL (AppSync)
- AWS (Serverless) - AppSync, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3 (Lifecycle policies, access control list, bucket policies), CloudFormation, IAM Roles and Policies, DynamoDB Accelerator (DAX), CloudFront
- AWS (Server) - EC2, Load Balancing
- Git (GitHub)
- Authentication and authorisation flows
For a more detailed conversation please apply with you CV.