Our client the worlds leading IT Solutions provider are seeking to recruit an Azure Support Engineer for an 18 month contract and you will bring the below skill set:
You will lead engineering investigations to bring quicker issue resolution to support incidents impacting our customers and improve customer experience. You will transform the Azure support teams to build highly scalable, capable support engineering force to diagnose and resolve customer issues on first contact eliminating the need for escalation. You will Identify emerging trends or re-occurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow. You will contribute to product improvements by filing impactful bugs, design change requests and helping developers to fix and ship them to production, preventing customers from being impacted.
You must be able to work well under pressure while also exhibiting flexibility with a strong tolerance for managing through ambiguity and uncertainty. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, as well as an understanding of cloud with a focus on the business impact related to support, feedback and advocacy. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to formulate strategy, represent issues and recommendations clearly, are essential to this role.
- Perform complex product debugging and remediation when needed; working alongside the development teams to drive support incident resolution for configuration, code, or other service deficiencies impacting customers.
- Embedded Escalation Engineers are not expected to write product code; however, should be able to apply their code skills and understanding towards efficiently resolving support issues as appropriate.
- Identify emerging trends or recurring escalation scenarios and drive engineering opportunities to mitigate and/or eliminate them from the workflow.
- The position is primarily "behind the scenes" providing engineering support to the broader Azure Monitor support delivery teams for incidents that require product group engagement. At the same time, individuals should be capable and prepared to occasionally engage directly with customers to help facilitate incident resolution as appropriate.
To be successful in this role, the following skills and experience is desired:
- BS in computer science or engineering or equivalent industry experience
- At least 5 years of technical escalation support experience (in a Tier 2/3 environment) including experience in a customer-facing or support role
- Service Engineering and/or DevOps experience at internet scale involving user data and/or software development for an enterprise level service
- Cloud Computing, Microsoft Azure architecture and its components.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure PaaS offerings
- Azure Platform development and deployment concepts
- Experience with C# and .NET, PowerShell, CLI, Microsoft Azure
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills, an ability to use various data collection tools and methodologies to analyze problems and identify solutions
- Networking Concepts: VIPs, NAT, DNS , VPN, Virtual Networks, OSI model
- Web protocols/methods: TCP/IP, HTTP/s, JSON.
- OS/Virtualization: OS Internals, Hyper-V, SSH, LDAP, SMB/NFS
- Passion for technology and customer supportability
- Leadership - handle technically challenging and politically hot customer situations
- Strong communications skills - excellent spoken and written English communication skills and the ability to present complex technical issues clearly and concisely to a general audience
- Ability to work collaboratively with the Engineering teams to drive architectural changes to improve stability of environments
- Ability to prioritize core role responsibilities vs. other work requests received
- Logical and critical thinking
- Ability to deal with ambiguity under continual deadline constraints