AWS Technical Systems Analyst
Remote / Hybrid - Project is based in Edinburgh/Glasgow, but it is expected the majority of the work will be remote, any resources need to be aware they maybe needed on-site 2 days a week.
- The AWS Technical System Analyst has a good understanding of strategic arenas and contributes to large and complex projects. They have functional management responsibilities and may be asked to mentor others.
- They will contribute to the development of best practice and own stakeholder relationships
Main Duties of this Role
- The role of the AWS technical systems analyst is to analyse how well software, cloud infrastructure and wider IT systems fit the business needs.
You will be responsible for:
- Examining new and existing AWS hosted systems
- Use AWS Technical expertise to elicit, develop and document requirements into EPICs and User Stories that the engineering scrum teams can consume.
- Structuring and prioritising requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
- Advise on alternative and/or complimentary approaches to satisfying a requirement
- Prepare and deliver presentations to application development team as well as end user to clarify complex requirements and system behaviour
- Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads, Product Owner, Cloud Engineers and other IT teams to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
- Producing specifications for new or modified AWS Cloud systems.
- Liaising with other IT staff such as infrastructure architects, solution architects, cloud engineers, DBA, Security, and developers to produce new system functionality
- Document the business guides, review online help and assist in producing the functional release notes
- Analyse the business impact of requirements and ensure that the business is prepared for the change
- Support and develop fellow Analysts.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the design of systems meet specified requirements which are compatible with agreed systems architectures and adhere to corporate standards within the constraints of performance and feasibility.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong experience of AWS Technical systems analysis in a digital project environment
- Excellent relationship management skills working with key stakeholders in technical and business environments
- Strong experience of process mapping and business requirements gathering
- Strong experience of working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment, and ability to deliver iterative design components (including user journeys) to the development team
Essential DDaT Knowledge
- Practical experience of delivering sustainable, secure, maintainable and efficient system design.
- Proven ability to use analysis and design techniques to solve business and/or technical problems.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and using those relationships to ensure delivery.
- Experience of developing functional and non-functional requirements in a project environment or in order to assure smooth running of the service.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and skills required, please do not hesitate to apply now!