Supporting & managing migrations from on-premise data centre(s) into Amazon Web Services. The Platform Engineer will be a part of a team & engagement piece. Across the programme who will face off to both the migration waves, becoming a part of the respective team to embed a DevOps culture within the teams as they pass through the programme's phases (Migration?Uplift?Modernisation). Plus, contribution to the central platform engineering function to drive forward the technologies used within the platform.
The primary function within the first wave for all platform engineers will be to support the waves throughout their migration into Microsoft Azure. This will entail;
* Evolution of core platform Infrastructure as code.
* Embed an automation first ethos.
* Adoption of migration framework.
* Working with Wave leads to structure and plan out a migration plan.
* Rollback/Fix forward planning for the migration.
* Migration execution.
* Ensuring that SLA's of the application are suitable & adhered to post-migration
* Service integration with existing teams.
The secondary & tertiary functions of the platform engineer throughout the phases will be to drive forward within both the waves & the programme. Moving towards A DevOps-as-a-service function to enable waves to speed up their delivery, development?deployment time & architecture within the uplift & modernisation phases of the programme's runtime.
The delivery approach for this programme is agile focused through Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment which complies with GDS based Digital Design principles and the Government Digital Service Standards.
* Amazon Web Services
* VMWare Cloud on Amazon Web Services
* Technologies include, but not limited to
o PowerShell DSC/Ansible
o AWS CLI
o Cloud Formation/Terraform
o Azure DevOps
o AWS PaaS Services
o EC2 Instances
o Active Directory
o Virtual Network configuration
o Network Security
o Hashicorp Vault
o Network load balancing (Both PaaS offerings & IaaS virtual appliances)
- Job Type:
- Job reference:
- 22 days ago