Automation Tester (Cloud)
An Automation Tester (Cloud) is required by a global Intelligence and National Security, Science and Technology organisation to join them on a permanent their Farnborough Office.
As the Software Test/Assurance Lead, you will You play an important role in supporting the delivery of cutting-edge projects, shaping how delivery is executed and applying your software test experience across a range of activities from product development to cloud-based managed services. You'll be applying your experience in the verification and validation aspects of the development lifecycle for production-standard software and services. This will include defining test strategies and plans, defining acceptance criteria, creating test cases, managing the test environment, writing & automating test procedures and reporting results.
What's in it for the Automation Tester (Cloud)?
- An excellent Salary
- Flexible/Hybrid working (a minimum of 3 days a week in the office)
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Career development across a diverse International organisation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the Automation Tester (Cloud):
- Eligible for or hold SC clearance
- Over 3 years' experience in testing software and services such as GUIs, multi-tier applications, desktop/web applications, API testing, cloud services (AWS/Azure, SaaS), formal and informal testing.
- Prior experience of Defining test plans, test scripts and acceptance criteria
- Experienced in the development of test automation frameworks
- Automated testing tools such as Marathon or Selenium.
- Have worked in varied software testing environments such as Agile scrum/Kanban, V-model or Waterfall.
- Be experienced in methods and tools for production, maintenance and version control of comprehensive testing records including plans/schedules, system configuration, data, and results.
Desirable skills for the Automation Tester (Cloud):
- Atlassian tools (such as Jira, Confluence) & related test tools (such as Zephyr, TM4J, Xray)
- Scripting languages: Python, Ruby, BASH, PowerShell.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and software delivery.
- Comfortable in both Linux & Windows environments.
- ISTQB Advanced Level Qualifications.
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as an Automation Tester (Cloud) and want to work for a company that prides itself on the delivery of world class capability, developing next generation software solutions. If you have a passion for technology, with an ability to embrace new technologies / ways of working to solve complex problems, then please apply via the link.