Leeds/Newcastle (Remote until further notice)
6 months +
£350-£400 Per day
*Candidates are preferred to have previous experience working for a Government Digital Service (GDS)
The Test Analyst is a professional specialized in functional and non-functional software testing, being responsible for the design of test cases, development and execution of test scenarios and reporting of defects. Is able to handle small modules and help in overall project completion.
The Test Analyst works under the coordination of the Test Lead and supports him/her in duties like estimation, risk management, defect monitoring and tracking, planning and resource allocation within his/her scope of responsibility.
- Create and execute complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Document test results compare to pre-defined criteria.
- Use normal operating facilities, diagnostic tools, technical manuals, test scripts and systems documentation to identify, diagnose and report on system errors.
- Review test results and to modify tests if necessary.
- Produce re-usable test scripts and procedures to test new and amended software to be executed by self and other staff.
- Support the development of the Test Automation test capability
- Support Test Automation Manager with test automation engagement delivery tasks.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Strong Automation testing experience
- Experience of web service/API testing, using SoapUI
- Experience in Java, Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Jbehave, using a CI tool like Jenkins to trigger execution of test scripts
- Strong knowledge of coding test automation scripts using Java. (Scala desirable)
- Strong experience of interpreting testing requirements using a variety of artefacts, including stories and wireframes
- Experience of working to Government Digital Service (GDS) standards
- Experience of accessibility testing (Axe, Wave, NVDA, Zoomtext, Voiceover)
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.