£28,000 - £29,000
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit an Auto Electrician to join our Vehicle Engineering Sector based at Walsall. Babcock is a market leading vehicle conversion specialist and manufacturer of armoured products. We have an excellent reputation for supplying customised products to the emergency services, civil service, military and other security focused organisations based in the UK and overseas.
Working within a team of 22 skilled Auto-Electricians, you will fit, repair, install and integrate enhanced electrical and electronic systems in motor vehicles. You will design and develop electrical solutions for vehicles and complete fault finding and rectification.
Duties & responsibilities:
* Read and interpret electrical wiring plans and diagrams
* Modify electrical circuits, assess cable sizes and AMP capacity; including loom building and installation, crimping skills including co-axial connections
* Fault finding of vehicle electrical systems and rectification work
* Removal and fitting of seats, panels, roof lining, door cards, interior trim, carpets, switch gear light clusters, bumpers
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have a minimum of an Electrical NVQ level 2 or equivalent and experience of vehicle conversions with any type of vehicles such as (but not limited to) light, heavy, commercial, mobility, emergency services, military and security.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Competitive salary and benefits, overtime is available
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.