Application Support Specialist
Our global Birmingham based client is looking for an Application Support Specialist to sit within their growing service team. The role plays a key part in the digital transformation project working closely with other sectors of the business to develop and maintain a new product they are building. You will support the Product Owner, 3rd party delivery teams and relevant stakeholders in the development of the product and it will require you to gain knowledge of the product and use your expertise to provide support in utilising the tools used. You will also have the flexibility to help identify possible amendments or new opportunities with the product base and build prototypes to pitch the ideas to the wider teams. The specialist will work with the business to gather requirements and support the testing of the platform whilst looking at it from a technical standpoint and being able to capture queries and find a route to the solutions.
- Working closely with relevant stakeholders, 3rd supplies and the wider organisation to gather requirements for the product.
- Build a solid understanding of the product and use your expertise to find possible adjustments.
- Understand the product development pipeline and prioritise workload accordingly whilst managing stakeholder expectations.
- Escalate any issues accordingly to the Product Owner and highlight the priority of the matter.
- Help to define good change control processes across the business to ensure updates and releases and managed.
- Relevant work experience
- Technically minded
- Problem solver
- Experience using Java or similar coding languages.
- Stakeholder management
- Testing types and processes
- Clear communication skills, ability to articulate IT jargon
- Estimations of working time frames
- Agile Delivery Methodologies & Product ownership
Client Location: Birmingham (Working from home for the foreseeable future - commutable to Birmingham City Centre in the future)
Please apply and send me your CV if this is of interest to you