Application Support Analyst
Location- Runcorn (Opportunities for Remote working)
Salary- Competitive (Negotiable based on individual)
Are you a driven and enthusiastic individual with an Application Support focus?
We are looking for candidates who have a passion in IT and technology who are ready to take the next step in their career. With the belief and culture of accepting all and helping our employee's grow and improve on their own skills, this opportunity is fantastic for those looking to take the next step in the industry and grow with the company.
The company we are recruiting for is a global leader within digital transformation, whose aim is to inspire candidates and their people to make the right choices, collectively and individually, to shape the future of the information space. The company has a real focus on growing as a team and supports their employees to grow and develop their skills too. With the employee life-cycle designed to prevent discrimination and make employees feel they are where they belong, the company is not only very accepting, but also an extremely exciting place to work for and be a part of.
Responsibilities for the role include but are not restricted to:
- Providing application support services (2LS & 3LS) for existing applications and solutions; including troubleshooting, monitoring and incident and problem resolution (root cause analysis).
- Liaising with the Client, their Partners and third-party suppliers who provide support and development services for the applications within our portfolio.
- Developing and implementing fixes and enhancements to commercially available and bespoke applications, using various tools.
- Assisting in the upgrade of existing applications to new versions, which may require working closely with third-party organisations as well as internal project teams. This may also cover areas such as testing and implementation.
- Documenting and on-boarding/decommissioning of existing and new applications.
- Supporting the implementation and ongoing improvements of automation tooling for development, test, release on traditional and cloud infrastructure.
- Undertaking knowledge transfer to enable the take on of new services for client.
- You will be required to undertake and successfully gain SC level security clearance.
- Willing to work out of hours and as part of on-call rota participation.
- Work experience of application support and development within an Application Support environment.
- Demonstrable ability to generate bug fixes and undertake changes and enhancements.
- Demonstrable experience of use of a Helpdesk tool.
- Experience and understanding of Agile, ideally with knowledge of:
- ITIL qualification (ITIL 4 certification preferred)
- Cloud Services experience as part of application management delivery specifically MS Azure
- DevOps delivery experience
- Experience with large Application Services customers
- Contributing to development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation
- Automation and associated tooling
Our client's ambition is to be a diverse and inclusive company where people are truly free to be themselves. They can thrive, achieve their personal goals and innovate without limitations. We welcome everyone to apply.
Family friendly, flexible working arrangements will be considered across all roles.
- Attractive salary
- 25 days of Annual leave + an option to purchase more through our Flexible Benefits
- Flex benefits system - exciting opportunity to choose your own benefits
- Retail discounts
- Pension - matching contribution up to 10%
- Private Medical Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Enrolment in our Share scheme - subject to scheme eligibility criteria
- Unlimited opportunities to learn in our Training platforms
If you believe that you are a good fit for this role, submit your CV now with a cover letter. We are more than happy to answer queries and help with your journey. This role is a great opportunity for an individual in this field of work who is ready to maximise their potential and reap the rewards that come with the Business Analyst position.