Location: Scotland (Fully remote)
We have an exciting opportunity to join and support one of our clients, a multinational Information Technology service and consulting company. European number one in Cloud, Cybersecurity and High-Performance Computing, the Group provides end-to-end Orchestrated Hybrid Cloud, Big Data, Business Applications and Digital Workplace solutions.
As an Application Specialist, you will have a proven track record of supporting and maintaining key business applications. This particular role will involve supporting a number of business critical database applications, troubleshooting and determining the appropriate course of action to resolve incidents with minimal disruption and impact.
- Ensuring the resolution of Service Desk incidents in accordance with established standards, policies, procedures, configuration guidelines and service level agreements
- Interfacing with the customer during the investigation/resolution of incidents
- Utilising application knowledge to effectively troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems
- Responding to any customer work requests
- Performing daily preventative maintenance checks to detect/resolve issues before they impact the business
- Develop and release solutions to identified application defects
- Provide system advice to the customer
- Supporting the customer business cycles
- Working to agreed shift participation
Ideal skills and experience:
- Industry experience within similar roles, with knowledge of incident management processes
- Experience in Java
- Experience in SQL and PLSQL
- Experience in Oracle and Oracle based applications
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix scripting
In addition to becoming a part of a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect a fantastic range of benefits including:
- 25 Days holiday
- Private Medical insurance
- Attractive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits including discounted products and services
- Comprehensive and fully funded training and development programmes in place to help you develop your career.
If you feel like you have the skills and experience, and are keen to pursue a role as an Application Specialist with a global company that invests into their employee's career development then please click the link to apply!