Applications Software Engineer
Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
As a Software Engineer you'll be responsible for application software design work on various customer and QTS projects relating to unmanned air vehicles, aerial targets, surface/marine targets and related technologies. In particular for the command and control software running on PCs and associated software tools.
What I will be doing:
- As Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design; implementation and maintenance of PC based software applications using Microsoft Visual Studio with the C++, C#.
- You will be responsible for software prototype testing.
- The Software Engineer will take charge in the production and maintenance of design records in accordance with company procedures.
- You will also be responsible for production support.
What do I need?
- The Software Engineer either needs experience in C++ or C# with some .net
- You should have application Development Experience with some design experience.
- The Software Engineer should have experience at multiple stages of the software development lifecycle
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an excellent communication skills
- Have a genuine interest to work with product realisation
- Be creative and pragmatic
- Be interested and willing to handle a diverse portfolio of projects and assignments
- Be self-driven and able to deliver
- Have structured and documented work methods
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets