Want to do the best work of your life? This is an exciting position for an Android Developer to join one of Europe's leading media and entertainment brands. With over 24 million customers in 6 countries, you'll have the opportunity make your mark within a truly exciting and technology driven environment.
Our client are always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of their customers experiences they'll love. And it's the work of forward-thinking teams that drive these award-winning innovations, harnessing creativity, technology and content to make sure their technology delivers the best experience for customers.
This opportunity would see you in join the Mobile Client software development team which forms part of a much wider collection of teams that develop the Mobile platform and associated clients. Together the team use cutting-edge, highly scalable, technology to delight customers with online services which allow them to consume our client's content online and on numerous hardware platforms.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate daily with the implementation team (developers, analysts, product owners etc..) to help produce acceptance criteria for user stories, providing technical and domain expertise that helps drive decision making
- Developing high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team
- Implementing new features according to their acceptance criteria, as well as maintaining and improving the existing features/codebase with an incremental and continuous improvement approach to deliver
- Along with the wider team, you'll be responsible for ensuring quality and security of the application. This will include writing and maintaining existing unit tests (TDD), and helping forward out effort in adopt BDD.
- Help maintain and improve existing process and policies
- Excellent knowledge of the Android Platform.
What You'll Bring:
- Development experience in one or more OOP languages
- Knowledge and experience of a wide range of Agile methodologies and best practices (Scrum, Kanban XP, etc..).
- Excellent communicator, having worked collaboratively in teams of various sizes, liaising with stakeholders across the business
- RESTful services integration
- Experience and knowledge of TDD and associated frameworks
- Experience using Source Control (Git)
- Experience using Continuous Integration (Jenkins, etc..). Must be able to setup/maintain a CI environment
- Experience in writing Espresso tests
- Experience in Kotlin
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband.
- Be part of an organisation recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women'
- Six subsidised restaurants on site
- A subsidised gym and private cinema