Agile Project Manager
Location: Remote with necessary travel to Coventry office
Salary: Competitive + Bonus
A new exciting opportunity to join a leading company to be part of the future of UK energy! With a clear roadmap that will both drive performance to the forefront of the industry and support the UK government in achieving their net zero target by 2050.
As an Agile Project Manager, you will be part of a transformational change within Cadent. We are changing the way we deliver across our business and IS will be a driving force in the adoption of Agile principles and methodology. Utilising these principles, we will create a collaborative environment where the delivery of a IS projects are iterative and closely business aligned. You'll be responsible for working with internal stakeholders and customers along with external partners to ensure the delivery of IS solutions in an agile manner. Utilising your skills and experience to ensure adoption and acceptance of these principles whilst also being responsible for cost, time and quality targets.
Key accountabilities of the Agile Project Manager will include:
- Accountable for the management of projects to deliver business change and benefits employing agile delivery methods
- Accountable for delivering individual elements of a product backlog through to production, working closely with the Product Owner and one or more sprint teams internally or through partners
- Accountable for building the project plan and thereafter managing project budget, time, quality, scope, risk and resource to agreed tolerances within an Agile framework
- Accountable for managing expectations with the Product Owner, ensuring predictable and unexpected complexities are effectively managed and managing any critical dependencies and dependencies across interlinked projects
- Accountable for managing the output of various project suppliers, be they internal teams or 3rd party vendors
- Accountable for ensuring projects adherence to BUILD delivery processes and governance as well as liaising with the Governance team to report on performance
- Accountable for liaising with 3rd party vendors, internal development teams and internal testing teams to ensure the project output meets set quality criteria in line with Cadent governance and processes
- Reporting into an Agile Delivery Senior Manager with matrix reporting into Product Owners and stakeholders depending on the product line (Compliance, Corporate Asset, Asset, Mobility, Automation, Customer).
Skills and experience:
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- A real passion for Agile delivery, backed up with a relevant certification such as Certified SCRUM Master
- A working understanding of the use of agile principles in delivery
- Demonstrable experience of JIRA, using it to manage Sprints or Kanban
- Background of working in IT landscapes, strong grasp of IT concepts, infrastructure and technologies
- Proven leadership, relationship, communication and presentation skills, commercial acumen
If you think you have the skills and experience to become an Agile Project Manager and make a difference through innovation and new ways of working with generous company benefits, then please click the link to apply!