Our client are experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their teams make the critical difference to important customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help make tomorrow work today?
As the organisation continues to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is an appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges and motivated people who work to deliver the best possible solutions to partners. Joining this market leading company offers the opportunity to work on highly technical cutting edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
We are looking to set up a Digital Delivery Team to support Royal Navy (RN) requirements for Agile delivery of Digital and Data capability, both on extant and emerging opportunities.
Responsible for development and unit test of the solution. Key is having a high level of collaboration to maximise productivity, so that minimal coordination is required to get things done. To minimise dependency, team members are typically experts in specific domains, but also possess basic knowledge and skills about others.
A Combination of these Essential Skills is needed for the Agile Developer:
- GraphQL: query language and server-side runtime for application programming interfaces (APIs). Key priority it to give clients exactly the data they request and no more.
- Kubernetes: platform for managing containerised applications across a cluster of nodes
- Docker: platform which simplifies the process of building, running, managing and distributing applications; achieved through virtualising of the operating system of the computer on which it is hosted
- Apache Kafka: distributed data store optimised for ingesting and processing streaming data in real-time
- Apache NiFi: open source dataflow management tool that can collect, route, enrich, transform and process data in a reliable and scalable manner
- Apache HBASE: open-source, NoSQL, distributed big data store. Enables real-time access to petabytes of data and very effective for handling large, sparse datasets.
- Apache Pheonix: open source, massively parallel relational database layer built on Apache HBase
- Hadoop: open source, Java-based software platform that manages data processing and storage for big data applications
- VMWare: platform which enables multiple virtual machines (VMs) to run on the same physical server
- PostreSQL database: enterprise class open source and highly stable relational database which supports both SQL (relational) and JSON (non-relational) querying
- Python, Java, C#/C Development languages
- Cloud: understanding of how to deploy to AWS/Azure
Our client is committed to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market and the salary, benefits, flexible working and reward scheme is designed to make sure they achieve that. The reward scheme means that you can share in the company's success, as well as be rewarded for your own.
You'll also need to hold or be willing to undergo government vetting to achieve UK security clearance. In return you'll receive a competitive salary, excellent benefits and a commitment to help maintain a strong work/life balance.
- 25 Days Starting leave with option to buy additional annual leave
- Group Personal Pension Scheme - contribute 7% and the company will contribute up to 10.5%
- Employee engagement surveys, to ensure the company listen's to suggestions for improvements
- Share Incentive Plan and Private Medical Insurance
- Discounted personal accident insurance and free regular health assessments
- Heath cash plans, childcare vouchers, dental insurance, high street store discount scheme including reductions on meals out and cinema tickets